12 November 2006

Item: 2 US $5 bills

Driving on the freeway this morning, in the lane to the right of me was an entire caravan of motorhomes sporting signs such as "The Price is Right or Bust," "I'm Ready to Come on Down" or "Bob Barker, Are You Ready for the Good Sams?"

Judging by the license plates, the majority of them were coming from Oklahoma, with Texas and Wyoming also represented.  I was a little bit sorry when I had to change freeways and leave them behind.  Out in the country, RVs create traffic jams and block the view, but here in the city they're just another part of the mad vehicular pilgrimage.  I would have liked to have caught these folks at a rest stop and interviewed them all:  were they friends, whose idea was it and who was just along for the ride, etc.  If I had been in a position to do that, I probably would have wished them luck as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home