Item: 1 long green LL Bean coat
This is the warmest piece of clothing I own; it's wool with another layer of wool as lining. It's a bright (but not too bright) Irish green color with a red and green plaid lining, and has a capacious hood which tends to not stay in place when the wind blows. I bought it the first fall when I was living in Iowa, knowing that the winters there would require a warm coat, and this looked to me like the warmest one in the catalog. It wasn't, actually, the warmest possible - there are all kinds of parka materials that are designed for sub-zero temperatures. You don't have to just keep piling on the layers of wool.
Owning a coat that long, and that heavy, and that scratchy, was another of the transitions that I got a kick out of, living in my new environment.
I don't know if I'll ever wear it again. Not here, anyway. A friend of mine told me that she was wearing a long trench coat here once and everybody was puzzled as to why she was dressing as a secret agent.
The interesting question is, do I want to wear it again? And if not, why do I still have it?
Owning a coat that long, and that heavy, and that scratchy, was another of the transitions that I got a kick out of, living in my new environment.
I don't know if I'll ever wear it again. Not here, anyway. A friend of mine told me that she was wearing a long trench coat here once and everybody was puzzled as to why she was dressing as a secret agent.
The interesting question is, do I want to wear it again? And if not, why do I still have it?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home