Item: 1 bottle of Dasani water
I bought this water at about 9:15 this morning at UCLA, yet didn't start drinking it until about 6pm. This would be a good opportunity to go on a rant about why a company would make bottles that are impossible to open. I'm serious. Nobody in my class could get it open. I carried it home and took a sharp knife to the cap, pried off the bottom part and the cap still wouldn't come off. I took the knife to it once again, and although water started leaking from underneath the cap, the cap itself still wouldn't come off until I had hacked the plastic to pieces (sorry for the extreme violence here). The water was sitting in front of me all day, taunting me.
So I could write about this as symbolic of all my frustrations. I could also do a meditation on my sense of personal guilt over skipping last night, or my current sense of total inadequacy as a writer. While true and honest, these topics might also just be other ways of saying that I've had an exhausting last 48 hours, bringing on a headache and various other more subtle types of ill feeling. I'm going to try sleep; I have faith in it as at least a partial solution to all of the above.
So I could write about this as symbolic of all my frustrations. I could also do a meditation on my sense of personal guilt over skipping last night, or my current sense of total inadequacy as a writer. While true and honest, these topics might also just be other ways of saying that I've had an exhausting last 48 hours, bringing on a headache and various other more subtle types of ill feeling. I'm going to try sleep; I have faith in it as at least a partial solution to all of the above.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home