30 October 2006

Item: 1 black and white 5 x 7 photo

The subject of this picture is me, standing on some rocks up above Santa Barbara, looking down into a canyon, in probably 1993 or so.  Since that time, many people have observed that this picture looks like an album cover.  There's just the right amount of space on the left side for the title and artist's name.  Does it sound braggy to say that I think it's a good picture, when it's a picture of me?  That isn't the reason it's good - I mean it as a compliment to the photographer, who was my friend Kris.

This picture is one that I've always kept out on display, because I really like black and white pictures, and also I suppose because I like seeing myself as an artistic object (do models keep favorite pictures of themselves?).  I don't actually look that good in the picture, from what you can see - really fluffy hair and dated clothing.  But it doesn't matter, because I'm dwarfed by the rocks, and kind of blend in with them.  You can't see much of my face, but it's obvious even so that I like where I'm standing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home