Item: 1 brown claw-like hair clip
Well, I said earlier in the week that I was happy with my life, and I was suitably punished for it via various crappy and difficult developments.
It's like I've heard preachers talk about: if they're working on a sermon on the Good Samaritan, they'll run across someone who needs help. If they're preaching that day on love, they'll have a fight with their wife. It's life's way of contributing to your topic.
I don't really believe that the week got more difficult solely because of my comment about being happy. But sometimes I think there is a balance that if good things are happening at one time, they have to be compensated for later.
Like on Monday, I was having an astonishingly good hair day, but while half of me was enjoying the pleasant fact that my hair was all shiny and swingy like a shampoo ad, the other half was thinking oh no, what's going to happen tomorrow? Because almost invariably, after every good hair day comes a hair day that's pure disaster. This is how balance is achieved.
I think this is called a zero-sum game. It's counter-intuitive to me to think that there's not a loss for every gain, that there might be plenty of happiness to go around.
It's like I've heard preachers talk about: if they're working on a sermon on the Good Samaritan, they'll run across someone who needs help. If they're preaching that day on love, they'll have a fight with their wife. It's life's way of contributing to your topic.
I don't really believe that the week got more difficult solely because of my comment about being happy. But sometimes I think there is a balance that if good things are happening at one time, they have to be compensated for later.
Like on Monday, I was having an astonishingly good hair day, but while half of me was enjoying the pleasant fact that my hair was all shiny and swingy like a shampoo ad, the other half was thinking oh no, what's going to happen tomorrow? Because almost invariably, after every good hair day comes a hair day that's pure disaster. This is how balance is achieved.
I think this is called a zero-sum game. It's counter-intuitive to me to think that there's not a loss for every gain, that there might be plenty of happiness to go around.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home