13 October 2006

Item: 1 black Nine West bag (slightly imperfect)

Okay, I have made the transition to a big purse.  I bought one at Filene's Basement in Chicago (miss that store), where I stood for a long time in front of a mirror, trying to decide whether it was too big, even though it's not that big as purses go.  I finally decided I would never know unless I tried one, so I did.

It has, actually, greatly simplified my life to be able to throw things into 1 bag and not try to stuff them in or carry them separately or leave them at home and hope I wouldn't need them.  There have only been a few instances where I feel like I'm carrying luggage instead of a purse, and where it seems to be taking up too much room.  I guess the thing to do is have more than 1 kind of purse, so as to always have the right one for the occasion.  I suppose it was too much to hope for that 1 handbag could be the answer for everything.

I've noticed that when you go past a security guard, they look at a person carrying a big purse differently than they do a person carrying a little purse.  Interesting.  As I've thought about it, I think that perhaps my penchant for small purses can be interpreted to mean that I want to have a lot of stuff, but not to look like I have a lot of stuff.  In a way, carrying a big purse feels like the healthy thing to do.  Facts are facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home