Item: 2 white kitchen chairs
So, I got this unassembled kitchen set in Cedar Rapids back in 1994, consisting of 4 chairs and a table. The table was easy to put together, but the chairs are a good example of why I should not be entrusted with construction tasks. Or, perhaps, a good example of how hard it is to put together anything correctly with insufficient tools. Some of the screws included didn't seem long enough to hold the pieces of wood together, and I was frustrated that all my best efforts at following the directions were not yielding perfect chairs.
Only 1 of the chairs really turned out right and was somewhat solid, like a chair should be. The rest were wobbly and 1 especially likely to come apart while someone was sitting in it. I had roommates who used to test the chairs by wobbling them around before sitting down. I guess it was silly that we even tried to use them, but we did. So now there are 2 remaining from the set, the good one and the next best, and neither of them has collapsed lately.
Only 1 of the chairs really turned out right and was somewhat solid, like a chair should be. The rest were wobbly and 1 especially likely to come apart while someone was sitting in it. I had roommates who used to test the chairs by wobbling them around before sitting down. I guess it was silly that we even tried to use them, but we did. So now there are 2 remaining from the set, the good one and the next best, and neither of them has collapsed lately.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home