19 August 2006

Item: 1 lace/velvet top

It's hard to describe this top, other than that it's outrageously cool and I love it.  It's also something I got in Paris, and probably couldn't have found anywhere else, because it's the kind of thing a person would wear in Paris.  Ever since, I've had trouble coming up with anyplace else that I think is worthy of wearing it.  Christmas Eve was one exception, other than that it's been mostly a comedown.  Because I don't live a Paris lifestyle.  You can't wear something like this to Savon, and when I do, I always feel uppity, as if I've forgotten my roots.  Who do I think I am?

I actually don't much like the kind of clothes you're supposed to wear to Savon.  I'd much rather wear the kind of clothes you need for things like sitting in the park and reading A Tale of Two Cities, or picking up croissants in a cafe, or sitting on a boat, or walking over a bridge across the river.

They obviously use such lifestyle connotations to sell clothes to people, but it can work the other way around, too.  I might think I just need new clothes, but maybe I need a new lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home