14 February 2006

Item: 1 Raggedy Ann and 1 Raggedy Andy doll

Me and Ann and Andy go way back. It's evident how much I loved playing with them because their faces are dirty, Raggedy Ann is missing her apron and one of her arms, Raggedy Andy's hat is only halfway attached, and his ribbon tie is all tied up in knots. On both of their little chests is a stamped heart that says "I Love You." They have been smiling the same smile for so long, which has never seemed less than sincere.

I was out here tonight doing karaoke with friends, and this is the line that I was still singing on the way home (credit Chris Carrabba):

I am vindicated, I am selfish, I am wrong
I am right, I swear I'm right, I swear I knew it all along

True love would be the topic of the evening, but I don't know what I could say. I could admit that I've gone about it wrong just about every time, or I could continue to maintain that I'm the only one who had it right. Or both. Happy Valentine's Day, and props to those who get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home