Item: 1 California Evidence of Liability Insurance card
I called my car insurance company today to give them my new address, which they kindly updated. They followed this by informing me that previously they had accidentally been giving me the married rate, and since I'm not married, I owe US $360 additional per year. This really annoyed me. As if I'm suddenly twice more likely to run into other cars than I was yesterday, or than I would be if I were married. No respect.
Unrelated to this, the book everyone seems to be mentioning in literary circles this week is The Schreiber Theory by David Kipen. The premise of the book, from what I can tell, is that a better indicator for assessing a movie than who directed it is who wrote the screenplay. The idea that the writer has a significant impact on the resulting work being something new and different is kind of crazy, I think. I'm sure there's more to it than that, and anyway it should be obvious what my prejudices are to start out with, seeing as how I don't think I can even name any directors.
Unrelated to this, the book everyone seems to be mentioning in literary circles this week is The Schreiber Theory by David Kipen. The premise of the book, from what I can tell, is that a better indicator for assessing a movie than who directed it is who wrote the screenplay. The idea that the writer has a significant impact on the resulting work being something new and different is kind of crazy, I think. I'm sure there's more to it than that, and anyway it should be obvious what my prejudices are to start out with, seeing as how I don't think I can even name any directors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home