09 February 2006

Item: 1 green J Crew 100% wool sweater, Size S

Although it has been in the 80s here most of this week, and the DJs are all remarking on how warm it is, I have unaccountably been cold all the time for the last couple of days. Today I wore this sweater, which is the warmest thing I have. It helped, but when I was standing on the corner in the marina waiting to cross the street, I was shivering. Impending illness is the only explanation I can think of, but I don't feel sick.

Tomorrow I go turn in the keys to my old place, so I will be down to only 1 apartment of total chaos. 2 was definitely too many.

Robert Hilburn wrote in the LA Times of last night's show: "After more than 35 years of Grammy commentaries, I have no more faith in the academy's judgment than when I started." In general, the gist of the article is that the Grammy voters fear the edge and choose instead to reward mediocrity. In particular, the gist of the article is that Kanye West was deserving of more than he got.

I was surprised to learn that about 11,000 members of the academy vote. I thought the choices reflected the taste of just a small group of people, which explained a lot. But a group that large... that's a little harder to explain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home