30 January 2006

Item: 1 Kenmore QuickClean vacuum

Well, the furniture is gone now, and I'm sitting on the floor eating potato soup. Just me and the carpet. The place looks totally different with nothing in it - in a way, it has just become a lot more appealing. Empty places give the same sort of impetus to the imagination that a blank canvas does, or a blank book. There are a million ways to fill it.

Over the next week I'll be moving out what's left of my stuff and doing general cleaning and vacuuming in an effort to leave the place in good condition. Boy, will I be glad when this is done. It's becoming a giant distraction, such that I tend to be thinking about all the things I still have to do rather than paying attention to the person I'm talking to. Sorry about this, and I promise to improve in the near future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi K,

No need to apologize (tho' I'm not sure who you are apologizing to), but as a member of your reading public I can safely say that we all go through phases in life when certain things becoming all consuming. Having recently gotten married, gotten a PhD, and had a baby, I owe an apology to about everyone I know!, but am trying harder now to be more outward focused. :) Happy moving.

C

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home