11 February 2006

Item: 1 Form 1040A, US Individual Income Tax Return (2005)

If I've done everything correctly, I should be getting some money back - another consideration in the possibility of having knee surgery this year. Hmm. Of course, I can think of some other, more fun things to do with a refund, too, like vacations in Colorado or taking classes in something new. Hmm.

The Winter Olympics have started in Turin and I probably will tune in some, though I know how addicting these things can be. For the last winter games in 2002, I was living in DC. They were broadcasting the action live from Salt Lake City, where it was 2 hours earlier. As my then-roommate Jewel could attest, every single night she and I would get sucked into the ski race or the ski jump or the speed skating, whatever event was on that night, and when it got past midnight, we'd still be there watching from the edge of the couch to find out who won. It would go later, and later, and we'd still be watching, because reading about it in the newspaper the next day simply would not be sufficient. The next night I'd be tired, and insist that I had to go to bed early, but then, once again, I'd get hooked on the story of some athlete from Norway who I'd never heard of until then. We were sleep-deprived for a couple of weeks. But it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home