02 August 2006

Item: 1 pair of black earmuffs

I haven't used my earmuffs in a long time, nor have I had any occasion to.  They belong to the time when I lived in Iowa, and now they rest in a drawer with scarves and other accessories.  They look funny, but they work.  I had to learn to be less concerned with style once I experienced what winter was.  Growing up around here, for example, I had never seen anybody actually use the zipper on their jacket.  I'm pretty sure anyone who came to school with a jacket that was zipped up all the way to the top would have been labeled a dork.  But in the Midwest, when it started to get below zero, people wore their jackets like this and didn't seem to care.  Even, eventually, me.

I made up for the good dinners I've had so far this week by having some really yucky spaghetti tonight.  It was an awful grocery-store brand organic sauce.  I'm never quite sure this stuff doesn't all come out of the same factory, where they slap "Organic" labels on some of it and sell it for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home