Item: 1 long Hawaiian dress
This is a dress that 1 of my aunts got in Hawaii in (I'm estimating) the 1950s, and which I inherited because it fit me perfectly. Hardly anything ever fits me perfectly, so I took it as a clear sign that this dress should belong to me.
It's not often that I have an occasion to wear it, but when I do, I can gauge a lot about a person by their reaction to this dress. Its colors are turquoise, white, and a bright lime green, and it was enough to win me the prize for best dressed yesterday.
I have very little in the way of vintage or even used clothing, and maybe I should rethink this, because there's something really cool about wearing clothes that have a story behind them, especially when you know what the story is.
Incidentally, I was just reading something about the dress sizes in vintage clothing stores making it obvious that the size of the average American woman has changed in the last 50 years. If I had lived in an earlier time, I might not have been so far off from average, which I think would be rather nice.
It's not often that I have an occasion to wear it, but when I do, I can gauge a lot about a person by their reaction to this dress. Its colors are turquoise, white, and a bright lime green, and it was enough to win me the prize for best dressed yesterday.
I have very little in the way of vintage or even used clothing, and maybe I should rethink this, because there's something really cool about wearing clothes that have a story behind them, especially when you know what the story is.
Incidentally, I was just reading something about the dress sizes in vintage clothing stores making it obvious that the size of the average American woman has changed in the last 50 years. If I had lived in an earlier time, I might not have been so far off from average, which I think would be rather nice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home