04 August 2006

Item: 1 green sofa

The couch you buy for your living room is, they say, the most significant choice you make about the room.  It's really the center, it's what everyone gravitates to, especially in my case where it's the only form of seating there is in the living room.

This is the exact reason it's so hard to buy a couch:  because it's going to determine so many other things about the room and how people interact there.  I remember trying to decide between this couch and another one which was brown suede and the kind of thing that people would sit down in and immediately say "oooh," but the brown one cost twice as much and I eventually decided that if I wanted to impress people there might be other ways to do it besides having a nice couch.

Note that I have used the words "sofa" and "couch" interchangeably here, though they probably are not exactly the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home