Item: 1 new K2 bicycle
I actually got this bike last weekend, and it's been sitting here near the back door as if Christmas has come early. It helps that it's shiny and red, I suppose, a toy just waiting to be played with. I didn't intend to buy it as a Christmas present for myself; it was more of a matter of seizing an opportunity.
I've ridden it around the neighborhood, but not yet, as was my original plan, to the bike path at the beach. First things first. Of course you never forget how to ride a bike, this is what they tell you. But I did find myself holding onto the handlebars very tightly, so that my hands ached by the end.
It takes me back, somewhat, to the last time I rode a bike regularly, which was when I was still a kid. The feeling of the wind flying in your face and being able to go someplace of your own volition, it's all still there. I intend to go lots of places.
I've ridden it around the neighborhood, but not yet, as was my original plan, to the bike path at the beach. First things first. Of course you never forget how to ride a bike, this is what they tell you. But I did find myself holding onto the handlebars very tightly, so that my hands ached by the end.
It takes me back, somewhat, to the last time I rode a bike regularly, which was when I was still a kid. The feeling of the wind flying in your face and being able to go someplace of your own volition, it's all still there. I intend to go lots of places.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home