20 December 2006

Item: 1 glass snowman

I got this glass snowman a long time ago, filled with candy I'm assuming.  At the moment it's filled with gold tinsel.  I remember somebody remarking once, also a long time ago, that they thought it strange that all these California kids who had no experience of snow were singing songs about snowmen and such.  I don't remember how old I was, but my answer to him, in my head, was that people on the east coast or wherever he was from probably also sang songs about Santa Claus, even though they had no actual experience of him.  I always sort of regarded snow the same way:  it was part of the Christmas idea, but I never expected to actually see it.  In fact, this is 1 of the reasons people like music - it opens them to an experience they don't have any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home