Item: 1 surf cookie jar
So I got this cookie jar for my birthday one year from my friends in DC. It's made of turquoise plastic (representing the surf), in the shape of a wave, with a little surfer guy underneath. When you lift the lid (the top of the wave), a few bars of a Beach Boys song will play. The humor in it, besides what it looks like, comes from the fact that no one can get cookies out without advertising this fact to others in the vicinity.
I love this cookie jar, and thought it was a great present. Such a thing might not have had much significance if I were living in California at the time, but I had been far away for a long time, and it felt, ultimately, like an unspoken appreciation for the things that made me different. We don't understand you, but we love you. Under such circumstances, you can give me a tacky plastic present and I will love it and keep it forever. Sometimes I think I must be the easiest person in the world to shop for.
I love this cookie jar, and thought it was a great present. Such a thing might not have had much significance if I were living in California at the time, but I had been far away for a long time, and it felt, ultimately, like an unspoken appreciation for the things that made me different. We don't understand you, but we love you. Under such circumstances, you can give me a tacky plastic present and I will love it and keep it forever. Sometimes I think I must be the easiest person in the world to shop for.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home