Item: 1 frosted pink lamp
I got this lamp in probably 1995, in a JC Penney store in West Lafayette, Indiana. That may be one of the more random places I ever acquired anything, or else it seems that way because I was only there once. I was visiting a friend of mine who was going to school at Purdue, and we were at the mall, and somehow I wound up with this lamp.
Why I chose to buy it I don't know. It is a really small, antique-looking lamp, and I suppose that appealed to me. But it gives out very little light; it's more just meant to look pretty. At the time, I didn't have much money, and I'm not sure I even had a regular lamp in my apartment - that would have been a more practical purchase. I think it was more wishful thinking, the idea that someday I might have a nice house where I could have impractical things, not just the basics.
Why I chose to buy it I don't know. It is a really small, antique-looking lamp, and I suppose that appealed to me. But it gives out very little light; it's more just meant to look pretty. At the time, I didn't have much money, and I'm not sure I even had a regular lamp in my apartment - that would have been a more practical purchase. I think it was more wishful thinking, the idea that someday I might have a nice house where I could have impractical things, not just the basics.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home