Item: 1 piano recital program
This is from a piano recital that I participated in, held on June 12, 1981. It featured 9 students, and as it happened, I was up first. According to the program, I played "Little Hungarian Rhapsody," "Fur Elise," and "Mountain Dance." I remember what Fur Elise sounds like, of course, but I have no idea what the other 2 songs were.
I find myself lately getting interested in classical music when the radio dial lands on it, which is unusual. A lot of times my main interest in listening to music is the words - and when there aren't any, I'm not as engaged in it. But great music reaches through that, sometimes. Also, maybe classical music is one of those things that you have to be old enough to appreciate, and maybe I've reached that age.
I find myself lately getting interested in classical music when the radio dial lands on it, which is unusual. A lot of times my main interest in listening to music is the words - and when there aren't any, I'm not as engaged in it. But great music reaches through that, sometimes. Also, maybe classical music is one of those things that you have to be old enough to appreciate, and maybe I've reached that age.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home