30 August 2006

Item: 1 Sony walkman radio

The full name of this radio is TV/Weather/FM/AM Walkman SRF-M37V.  It also has a little digital clock, which right now is blinking 12:00 because it needs a new battery.  It needs a new battery a lot of the time, it seems, because I don't use it often enough.  I need to learn to take the batteries out in between times.

I use this not much for exercising or walking or any of the usual purposes, except for sometimes at the beach.  What I do use it for is to fall asleep when I'm having trouble falling asleep.  This radio stays in the drawer by my bed and when I reach for it, it's a last resort.  If that doesn't work, I might as well get up again.

Generally I don't like having sound piped right into my ears (clearly I'm not part of the iPod generation).  When this setup seems to be a good thing is when I lie there and turn the volume way down so I can barely hear it; the hushed level of sound helps to put me to sleep.  I do the same thing on planes, plug in the headphones and listen to music just underneath my consciousness.  Actually, it doesn't have to be music.  I sometimes also listen to the air-traffic communications station.  I don't know why this works, having a barely-distinguishable voice nearby, but more often than not it does.

Speaking of radio, I heard a commercial this morning for a plastic surgery clinic where they were offering complimentary limo rides to and from the surgery.  It's a crazy world I live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home