25 August 2006

Item: 1 black Mead notebook, 9.5" x 6"

Digging through my box of journals again, and grabbing one at random, I came up with this one, which covers the period February through September 1991. This included the end of my junior year in college, the summer of '91, and then the beginning of my senior year.

On this date in 1991, I was getting ready to leave the next day to go back to school for my senior year.  I had 2 transitions in mind on that day - the immediate one of going back to school, plus the knowledge that there was a bigger transition I had to get ready for when the school year ended.  I was of course more fixated on the first one, but I can see I did have an awareness of the next one coming up on the horizon.

I think I and most people are living through several time frames at once in our heads.  I think about tonight, and tomorrow, and Monday, and September, and next year.  What always seems to take precedence is the soonest one, and I don't know if that is the best way.  It's how sometimes events catch me unprepared, even when I knew they were coming, because I didn't really start to think about something until it was immediate.  I'm much better now than I was then about planning for long-term goals, but there still always seems to be too much stuff that eats up time, that forces itself to the front of the picture, that has to be dealt with NOW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home