Item: 1 vegan restaurant menu
I continue to get menus from all over left on my door just about every day. I'm not vegan, but I have to admit that 95% of what's on this menu looks really good. I'm not opposed to eating vegan food, if it tastes good, which it sometimes does.
A lot of the things on here also sound like they would be fun to make, for example: Tropical Pancake (wheat-free pancakes, banana, and blueberries) or a Red Curry, made with coconut milk, eggplant, bamboo shoots, red bell peppers, and sweet basil. I love ingredients - it feels better knowing what went into what I'm eating (although I may not want to know what went into some of the ingredients before I got them).
In another life, I might have been a cook. I don't think I would have ever had any interest in being a gourmet chef, though. I'd want to be cooking at home, and having people over, and of course, also getting to eat what I made. I'm most interested in cooking as a part of the overall running of a household, and as part of social interactions, that sort of thing. Fun cooking, not work cooking.
A lot of the things on here also sound like they would be fun to make, for example: Tropical Pancake (wheat-free pancakes, banana, and blueberries) or a Red Curry, made with coconut milk, eggplant, bamboo shoots, red bell peppers, and sweet basil. I love ingredients - it feels better knowing what went into what I'm eating (although I may not want to know what went into some of the ingredients before I got them).
In another life, I might have been a cook. I don't think I would have ever had any interest in being a gourmet chef, though. I'd want to be cooking at home, and having people over, and of course, also getting to eat what I made. I'm most interested in cooking as a part of the overall running of a household, and as part of social interactions, that sort of thing. Fun cooking, not work cooking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home