06 May 2006

Item: 1 pair of black flip-flops

I felt maybe a little more relaxed by the time it was mid-day, and I was back at the beach.  It was about noon when the sun broke through, and the sea breeze just capped it off.  Sometime I'm going to actually stay at the beach all day, forget everything else and enjoy a perfect day like this one, instead of getting a walk in and then going on down the list of things that have to be done.

I love Playa del Rey in spite of its being sort of an industrial beach, and I continue to go there even though it's not really the closest to me anymore.  Where else can you walk along the edge of the waves and read the lettering on the underside of jets flying above your head?  The air traffic is part of what makes it unique, as is the clientele, which is a clear cross-section of nearby residents.  Some of the families have obviously been coming here for years.

I hope it always stays this way.  I've been afraid for awhile of it becoming an adjunct to the new Playa Vista development, but I notice that the Playa Vista shuttle also takes people to Venice Beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home