Item: 1 1995 Honda Civic EX
I bought this car at College Park Honda in 2002. I had gone a few months without a car before that, which was a lifestyle change, but not entirely a bad one. Planning bus trips ahead of time and being circumscribed in how far I could go didn't bother me, but having to sometimes ask people for rides did. Few things are harder for me to do than asking a favor of someone, so a tolerance for this dependency was kind of forced upon me.
This is the 3rd car I've owned and the one that feels the most like me. When I sit in the driver's seat, everything fits. The steering wheel is like it was designed for a person of my size, and the radio and air conditioning are a comfortable reach away. I love the sunroof, and the sound it makes when it opens. I drive around with the sunroof open even on gray days like today.
But the car is starting to hiccup here and there, particularly when it's been waiting at a red light and then has to go again. It's now 11 years old, so I guess it is entitled to that, but it's worrying me. Any way it goes means expensive.
This is the 3rd car I've owned and the one that feels the most like me. When I sit in the driver's seat, everything fits. The steering wheel is like it was designed for a person of my size, and the radio and air conditioning are a comfortable reach away. I love the sunroof, and the sound it makes when it opens. I drive around with the sunroof open even on gray days like today.
But the car is starting to hiccup here and there, particularly when it's been waiting at a red light and then has to go again. It's now 11 years old, so I guess it is entitled to that, but it's worrying me. Any way it goes means expensive.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home