19 May 2006

Item: 1 5 x 8-foot rag rug

I got this last night for US$14.99 - I've intended to get a living room rug for awhile, only the cost of a real rug is prohibitive.

It's green with different colored stripes in it.  I figured that even if I didn't like it, it wouldn't be that much of a loss.  Luckily, I like the way it looks, but I can't help but suspect that it makes the room look smaller.  Of course it is going to seem that way, when I'm used to seeing this expanse of hardwood floor with nothing on it.  I've gotten used to the Shaker-like simplicity of bare places in the house that haven't been filled yet, and there is space to notice the beauty of everything.  Sometimes you can walk into a person's house and feel suffocated by the amount of stuff in it, and I don't want mine to be like that.

I don't know if anyone else gets all freaky about how much stuff they have, even when it's a perfectly legitimate purchase like a rug.  I'll get used to it and stop thinking about it, until the next time I buy something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home