Item: 1 black wooden cabinet with glass doors
I found this today, and I think it was a great find. It holds 4 rows of books, and fits exactly in the spot I imagined it in. The circumstances of my wandering into this particular store, finding 2 things I liked and picking this one, and them just happening to be making deliveries in my neighborhood this afternoon all make it seem like it was meant to be.
As I've mentioned before, it's very hard for me to buy something without feeling somewhat troubled about it. It's like I think there's some cosmic balance going on, where every time I add something to my life, there's something else that has to be lost. And a few times, that's been true.
Here's me trying to talk sense into myself: Okay, if you don't buy this, the alternative is that you won't be able to unpack the rest of your books and 6-7 boxes will be sitting in the middle of the floor indefinitely. Well then, why don't you keep looking for something cheaper then? Or, here's another alternative: get rid of some books. (I try, I really do, but every time I attempt this I end up putting aside maybe 4 that I could maybe consider living without.)
Well, it's here now, and I still like everything about it. It has also enabled me to put a lot of things away and get the place almost in order, or, more accurately, to reduce the place to shambles and then start restoring order.
The bottom line is, I could have done other things with that money that would have benefitted someone else besides me. Instead, I now have a corner of the room where all is beautiful and harmonious.
As I've mentioned before, it's very hard for me to buy something without feeling somewhat troubled about it. It's like I think there's some cosmic balance going on, where every time I add something to my life, there's something else that has to be lost. And a few times, that's been true.
Here's me trying to talk sense into myself: Okay, if you don't buy this, the alternative is that you won't be able to unpack the rest of your books and 6-7 boxes will be sitting in the middle of the floor indefinitely. Well then, why don't you keep looking for something cheaper then? Or, here's another alternative: get rid of some books. (I try, I really do, but every time I attempt this I end up putting aside maybe 4 that I could maybe consider living without.)
Well, it's here now, and I still like everything about it. It has also enabled me to put a lot of things away and get the place almost in order, or, more accurately, to reduce the place to shambles and then start restoring order.
The bottom line is, I could have done other things with that money that would have benefitted someone else besides me. Instead, I now have a corner of the room where all is beautiful and harmonious.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home