Item: 1 chunk of parmesan cheese
I made some steamed broccoli tonight, and mixed it with butter and grated parmesan cheese. This can be seen as a contradiction. Often you'll hear people say "I was good and had a salad, but then I put dressing on it," or "I had some celery, but I had it with some unhealthy dip." The thing I don't get is that adding other ingredients doesn't take away the original nutritive value of the salad or celery. Sure, there may be some undesired offset effects (on cholesterol, say), but if you drop a diamond into the mud, say, it's still a diamond. Even if you assume that the broccoli=good/butter and cheese=bad dichotomy is correct, it's not like the cheese caused a chemical reaction in the broccoli and made all of the vitamins go away. If you eat an apple and then eat a Snickers bar, it doesn't change the fact that you ate an apple. I always wondered about this, but I guess I should have realized that it was number of calories rather than nutrition that these people were concerned about. From that standpoint, it makes complete sense.
I was 11 and 5 on today's games. Terrible, terrible 1-point loss by Iowa. My brackets took some hits, but I'm guessing I'm not alone in that.
I was 11 and 5 on today's games. Terrible, terrible 1-point loss by Iowa. My brackets took some hits, but I'm guessing I'm not alone in that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home