5 Weird Temp Jobs I've Had
1. Receptionist at a pipe company. Job description: Sit at desk in mobile home/office where phone never rings, and over course of about 6 weeks, type maybe 3 letters. Strangely, the highest-paying temp assignment of the summer.
2. Inspector of a solution used in eye surgery. Job description: Take plastic packages out of cardboard boxes and check for tears in the plastic. There were 4 of us girls working on this and one of them talked incessantly, and I do mean incessantly. Also loudly.
3. Clothes hanger at a department store distribution center. Job description: Replace cheap hangers used in clothes shipments with official department store hangers. We were allowed to keep some of the old hangers if we wanted - some of them were actually good, and I use them to this day.
4. Paper sorter at an industry association. Job description: Make copies, place in piles, take papers from piles and assemble in binders. The weird thing was that I had done this one summer for a few days and really enjoyed the place, at which everyone seemed to like each other and enjoy what they did. I went back and did another assignment there the next summer, and the man who I had worked with previously now weighed a lot more and had a vein bulging out of his forehead constantly. Working environments can change.
5. Perfume scam telemarketer. Job description: Dial numbers off list and offer people free gifts along with offer to join monthly perfume club. By far the weirdest.
2. Inspector of a solution used in eye surgery. Job description: Take plastic packages out of cardboard boxes and check for tears in the plastic. There were 4 of us girls working on this and one of them talked incessantly, and I do mean incessantly. Also loudly.
3. Clothes hanger at a department store distribution center. Job description: Replace cheap hangers used in clothes shipments with official department store hangers. We were allowed to keep some of the old hangers if we wanted - some of them were actually good, and I use them to this day.
4. Paper sorter at an industry association. Job description: Make copies, place in piles, take papers from piles and assemble in binders. The weird thing was that I had done this one summer for a few days and really enjoyed the place, at which everyone seemed to like each other and enjoy what they did. I went back and did another assignment there the next summer, and the man who I had worked with previously now weighed a lot more and had a vein bulging out of his forehead constantly. Working environments can change.
5. Perfume scam telemarketer. Job description: Dial numbers off list and offer people free gifts along with offer to join monthly perfume club. By far the weirdest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home