05 July 2006

Item: 1 white laundry basket

I'm trying to get the house back in order; tonight I did laundry and stopped by In & Out for dinner.  I have the windows open and the front door open and the breezes are passing through.

This is about the time of the evening in Morocco when I'd get back to my hotel room, where I'd have the aforementioned sliding door to the balcony open.  This door, besides not having a screen, also did not have a lock, which ordinarily would have worried me but which I was too constantly exhausted to lose any sleep over.  So I was there every night, and every night I could hear the palm tree branches rustling, the hotel singer down at the poolside bar, and frogs.

I was, as also previously alluded to, frustrated with something or someone just about every night.  Being in another country doesn't affect the ability to take minor incidents and twist them, and let them grind you up.  I know that the music I heard was the equivalent of a lounge singer performing the hits of 20 years ago, but it was so soothing, and from the distance of my room it was timeless, a duet between Are you maybe so absorbed in small issues in order to avoid the big ones? and Calm down, calm down.

Beauty is truth, truth beauty, -- that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. (Keats)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home