Item: assortment of postcards
I tried to use up my Moroccan money by buying up postcards in the airport, but still wound up with some money left. I can unequivocally say that I liked Marrakech. It's a little European, a little African, and a little Middle Eastern, from what I can tell. For sure, it's a region of the world that now seems like a real place. There was an ad in the airline magazine that said something like "How can you have a favorite place until you've seen them all?" This is a dangerous thing to ask a person like me, but it makes a point. We make ratings all the time based on incomplete information.
Also in one of the airline magazines, there was an interview with Natalie Portman talking about how much she liked Morocco. She said that Africa and the Middle East are basically the cradle of the human race, and thus it's really easy to feel at home there. I had no idea that I was going to a playground of the stars, but I totally agree with this thought. It should have felt more strange than it did.
It helped, maybe, that the landscape actually looked fairly similar to California's. A taxi driver told us that Marrakech is known as "the French California." How could that combination be bad?
Also in one of the airline magazines, there was an interview with Natalie Portman talking about how much she liked Morocco. She said that Africa and the Middle East are basically the cradle of the human race, and thus it's really easy to feel at home there. I had no idea that I was going to a playground of the stars, but I totally agree with this thought. It should have felt more strange than it did.
It helped, maybe, that the landscape actually looked fairly similar to California's. A taxi driver told us that Marrakech is known as "the French California." How could that combination be bad?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home