08 June 2006

Item: 1 jury summons

This was my appointed week to call the Superior Court every night and find out if I had to report the next day.  Tonight I called and the recorded voice told me to mail back my summons, my jury service has been completed.  Great, since I never had to go.

I'd say it was the easiest jury service ever, except for the nervousness all week at the thought of missing a day, or several days, or several weeks, of what I need to get done.  You know your stress level is bad when the thought of losing even 1 day's worth of time fills you with panic.  If I had more downtime built into my life, maybe potential disruptions wouldn't make me feel so...disrupted.

So I'm relieved, but at the same time I feel badly about feeling relieved, because 1) I don't want to shirk my civic responsibility, and 2) I actually think I am the kind of fair, conscience-driven person who would make a good juror.  It's just that there's no time.  There's never a good time, I suppose, to put your life on hold and go serve the justice system.  But this week would have been really really not a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home