Item: 1 Motorola cordless phone
I just got a new phone because I now only have one phone jack here, in the kitchen, and I decided I didn't only want to talk to people while in the kitchen. I wanted to be able to talk anywhere in the house, with no strings attached. I'm making my way through the instructions: last night I charged the battery; tonight I set the time and date and named the handset (after some thought, I named it Fergus rather than Handset 1); and tomorrow I'll set up the other handset.
I heard a story on NPR this morning about the run on king cakes in New Orleans now that Mardi Gras is approaching. According to the story, customers are sending cakes as gifts to people who took them in after Hurricane Katrina. Also, families who are still living in the city are stocking up for their celebrations, and people who are still staying someplace else are ordering king cakes to remind them of home. I was close to tears by the time I got to work. Turns out that something simple like running a bakery can make things a little less desperate for a whole lot of people.
I heard a story on NPR this morning about the run on king cakes in New Orleans now that Mardi Gras is approaching. According to the story, customers are sending cakes as gifts to people who took them in after Hurricane Katrina. Also, families who are still living in the city are stocking up for their celebrations, and people who are still staying someplace else are ordering king cakes to remind them of home. I was close to tears by the time I got to work. Turns out that something simple like running a bakery can make things a little less desperate for a whole lot of people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home