27 November 2006

Item: 1 CD - James Taylor's Greatest Hits

Why is this album so soothing?  I came back today from Thanksgiving and was at a loss as to how to proceed, where to start among all the things I need to do in the next few days.  I decided to put this CD on and have dinner, which helped immensely.  I think my nerves were about to tie themselves in knots, but were forestalled by this music.

I associate this album with college, with Massachusetts and with Saturday mornings.  College because that was when I first heard it - and how was it that so many people had this album, which came out in 1976?  Massachusetts I guess because of the line "Now the first of December was covered with snow / And so was the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston."  Saturday mornings because that's when I typically feel like playing it.  So it's Monday night now, but I've been mellowing out track by track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home