Item: 5 Dole organic bananas
These are what's left after using some bananas today to try making a banana dessert recipe. The idea was to spoon fried bananas, toasted almonds, and cream into a tortilla and eat it like a taco. In theory this sounded good, but I realized after eating about 2/3 of one why I haven't ever been a fan of bananas in any state other than right out of the peel. Cooking bananas gives them a sharp taste, and adding them into anything (except maybe fruit salad) spreads a rubbery flavor over everything else.
Also as part of this recipe, I was directed to take sour cream and add powdered sugar to it, a defiance of logic which I couldn't help enjoying. Why not just use regular cream? But the powdered sugar/sour cream mixture actually turned out to taste pretty good - a little bit like cheesecake.
The problem was those stupid cooked bananas. I had fried plantains once at a South American restaurant in Chicago, and they were great, so maybe the problem is me. The rest of the bananas I'm just going to eat.
Also as part of this recipe, I was directed to take sour cream and add powdered sugar to it, a defiance of logic which I couldn't help enjoying. Why not just use regular cream? But the powdered sugar/sour cream mixture actually turned out to taste pretty good - a little bit like cheesecake.
The problem was those stupid cooked bananas. I had fried plantains once at a South American restaurant in Chicago, and they were great, so maybe the problem is me. The rest of the bananas I'm just going to eat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home